5 April 2008

My Rails Setup

Here I detail my Rails setup on MS Windows 2003.

I have four rails applications, each one served by a Mongrel instance. I have a flatfile intranet served by IIS with Active Directory auth on port 80. I have a reverse proxy IIS plugin which maps requests to server/app through to the appropriate Mongrel. I have a rails plugin which rewrites URLs in server responses to include the appname between the servername and the rest of the URL. All apps persist data to an Oracle XE database.

I use Oracle Maestro to administer the Oracle database. I think it is a great product. I have recently switched to Netbeans 6 to edit the Rails applications. I am very happy with Netbeans.

I also have a Centos 4.4 server for testing. I am testing JRuby and Glassfish, again with an Oracle XE database. While reading about Glassfish I came across Jmaki. Very interesting. More of jmaki in the next issue.

No comments: